Islam is a monotheistic religion that was also the religion of Abraham, which was brought by the Quran. In Islam all Muslims believe in one supreme God and nothing can be compared to His greatness and our purpose as Muslims is to serve and love God. Islam concludes all the faiths that were brought by the prophets who were before like Jesus, Moses and Abraham and they have maintained the original revelation but Quran is the final revelation of Allah. All Muslims are requested to have adverse knowledge in the religion of Islam so that it becomes easier for us to know what God expects from us. There are various ways to learn Islam as an adult. These includes-
- You may look for literature that has some content about the introduction of Islam which may entail the pillars of Islam, how to pray, rituals and beliefs of Islam. This will be greatest step of learning Islam but you should not use books that are not written with Muslims who have adverse knowledge in Islam.
- You should interact with other Muslims and spend more time with them so that you see whatever practices they indulge themselves in. Going to a mosque could be the best place to meet other Muslims and also ask them questions about the religion of Islam. There are also some books that are available inside the mosque that may play an important role in helping you to understand Islam.
- There are so many centers around the world that offer assistance to new converts of Islam .Try and visit one of these centers that is near you and tell them how you want to be assisted, and surely they will welcome you and teach you slowly about Islam. You do not need to be ashamed because you find that there are very young kids who know more about Islam than you, instead this should be a motivation to you to also want your kids to be like them which is a good thing.
- Take a Quran and read it everyday even if the reading is done in English that is if you do not know how to read in Arabic. If you find that there is something that you do not comprehend, mark it and confirm from the other Muslims to avoid misinterpretations in the meaning of the words in the Quran. This is important because the Quran is the source of your motivation and teachings.
- Look for books that contain the sayings of Muhammad Pbuh also known as the Hadeeth such as Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari. This will give you an overview of what Muhammad teaches us in Islam.
- You can also visit the Islamic websites that are widely available on the internet and post questions about Islam and the questions are answered by many willing people but some of them may be providing you with inaccurate information so you have to be careful and confirm your answers.
- The last step is to collect all your findings about Islam and come up with a conclusion and by this time you would have benefited since you now know about Islam .You must also practice what you have learned so that you also teach others in future.
Latest posts by Musadiqkhan (see all)
- Will Execution of Terrorists in Pakistan Make the Situation Better? - September 4, 2015
- Rangers Raid MQM’S at Nine – Zero in Karachi! - March 11, 2015
- There will be cricket but no Boom Boom in ODIs - January 25, 2015
- Is it Right to Kill Qadyanis - January 20, 2015
- Men are More Likely than Women to have Cancer. Why? - January 20, 2015